The accident victims know a lot more today than they did a couple of decades back. They know the right way to collect the evidences, the right time to call the police and the right time to notify their insurers and attorneys. But what most of them do not know is that the injured passengers are also rightfully eligible to claim compensation like that of an injured driver. For the people who know these rules the best, they can contact the Philadelphia, PA personal injury attorneys and get their hands on the best settlement results.
What are the rights as a passenger?
According to the legal rights, the passengers are to be paid equally as the drivers for the injuries they have suffered. The responsible attorney office is going to help you file a legitimate lawsuit against the driver’s insurance company if they refuse to pay.
- Lost wages- The victims of car accidents go through a lot and often end up losing their homes, cars, and other valuable personal properties. This results in low self-esteem in them and they are also at times unable to take care of their family. The best attorneys are going to help you recover the wages that you have lost and win the case that you have filed.
- Compensation for the medical bills- If you are an injured passenger, you can definitely claim the compensation for the injuries you have suffered. These include the doctor’s bills, emergency services, diagnostic tests, surgical expenses, medications, physical therapies, and others.
- Non-economic damages- The accident damages are not always measurable or quantifiable. The amount of mental trauma a victim goes through is beyond measurable and it mostly includes the non-economic damages. There can be common situations of emotional distress, physical pain and suffering, loss of companionship and consortium or even the loss of reputation.
Who caused the accident?
There are several scenarios under which you can be eligible for the compensation:
- The driver of your car caused the accident
- The driver of the other car caused the accident
- An uninsured or under-insured driver had caused the accident
While these are normally the cases which make you eligible to file a personal injury lawsuit, you also need an able attorney to back you in every step. This makes the process easier for you and helps you get what you deserve.