Do you often have to deal with Winword.exe error in your system? Well, there is nothing to worry you aren’t alone as these are commonly reported by internet users. This error prevents users from running Microsoft Word which is quite frustrating in many instances.
If you are facing this problem in office/setup then this post definitely needs your attention. We are going to tell you about the easy solutions that can be followed to solve Winword.exe application error in your device. Read all the solutions and use the one that works best for you.
- Anti-Virus Scans
A most common cause of winword.exe error is the presence of malware infection in your system. That’s why it is strongly suggested by experts to have an authentic anti-virus installed on your system www.office.com/setup. All the malware is automatically detected by these anti-viruses that make sure such errors don’t arise.
Stay away from the free anti-viruses that are available on the internet. They don’t come with the desired set of features and put your device on the risk.
- Scanning registry
There are many instances where this error shows due to particular entries in the registry get corrupted. If that’s the case with you, then those entries need to be removed from the system. To do so, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the CCleaner software and install it on your system.
- Open the CCleaner after downloading and then click on the Registry option that usually shows on the left side of the screen. It will open the registry cleaner.
- Choose all the checkboxes that show in the registry cleaner so that an extensive scan can take place.
- Tap the option “Scan for issues” for running the registry scan.
- Choose all the registry issues that show up on the window.
- Tap the option “fix selected issues” for eliminating the corrupted registries.
- System File Checker Scan
Another common reason due to which this kind of error shows up is file corruption. In this case, the installation or system files get corrupted and the screen started to show the winword.exe application error message. This problem can be easily fixed through an SEC scan. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below:
- The foremost thing you need to do is opening the Win + X menu. It can be easily done by pressing the Windows Key + X shortcut.
- After that, choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
- Once Command Prompt windows pop up, you have to run the SFC/ scan now command.
- It will scan your complete system within 10 to 15 minutes. We suggest you stay patient during this time without pressing the cancellation button.
Which of these methods has worked best for you? We believe that you have got the answer about how to solve the WinWord.exe application error problem. If you have a query regarding this post, please write about it in the comment section.